DLT Heavy Lifting Control Systems
We design and supply a range of central control systems for hydraulic jacking systems, allowing a single operator to monitor, synchronise and control any number of jacks from a central control unit. The DL-M range of control systems uses a central DL-M pendant control box attached by data cables to each of the power packs and gives the operator complete control over the operation of up to 12 jacks. The DL-P40 computer control system uses a Controller Area Network (CAN) to connect intelligent CAN nodes on the jacks and power packs with a central control computer and offers automated control and synchronization of up to 120 jacks or more from a single control computer. Both the DL-M and DL-P40 control systems are designed and developed completely in-house enabling us to offer a high degree of flexibility and support to our customers.
DL-P40 computer control systems
Our DL-P40 computer control system has been specifically developed to control strand jacks, gripper jacks, climbing jacks and solid rams and is fully developed in-house using feedback from our own operators on site. The system is open and flexible, so can be adapted for a wide range of hydraulic control applications. It uses the latest CANbus network technology for ultra-reliable communication between all jacks, power packs and the control computer and has been tested and certified to the latest European electrical EMC standards, view certificate. The system will automatically synchronise the operation of all the jacks to maintain a level and balanced set of jack loads and has many automated features to ensure a safe lift. During an operation the operator is presented with all the lift data in one clear and easy to read screen, as shown below for a 40 jack lift. The below screen is labelled for explanation of each function.
The main features of the DL-P40 control system are as follows :
- Control of up to 120 No. jacks from a single control computer, with up to 40 jacks shown on the Main Screen and a further 80 jacks shown on the optional Jacks 41-120 Screen.
- Control any type of hydraulic ram, either with or without a gripping system fitted. Eg strand jacks, climbing jacks, gripper jacks, compression rams, tension rams.
- Control all types of hydraulic power packs, using electric motors or diesel engines, and having fixed flow or variable flow.
- CAN network for reliable communication between the control computer and the power packs and the jacks.
- Plug and play system using intelligent CAN nodes on all the power packs and jack. Connect the jacks and power pack CAN nodes together with the data cables supplied and the Control Computer will automatically detect and understand all the equipment being used. This greatly reduces set up time.
- User friendly interface, designed in consultation with our own operators to give a clear presentation of all essential data during a jacking operation.
- Project specific set-up information can be saved in project files and reloaded at any time, so that this data only needs to be entered once.
- Can accept a wide range of sensors fitted to the jacks and power packs for continuous display and monitoring of jack load, jack stroke, gripping system open/closed state, oil temperature, oil level and motor state.
- Automatic stroke synchronisation in both automatic lift/lower modes and manual mode
- Simple and accurate method for quickly calibrating all stroke encoders
DL-M manual pendant control systems
Our DL-M range of control systems have also been specifically developed for the control of heavy lifting and skidding operations using strand jacks, gripper jacks and climbing jacks. The level of information provided to the operator is less than given by the DL-P computer control system above, but is perfectly adequate for controlling up to 12 jacks depending on the experience of the operator. The DL-M pendant control box displays the load in each jack in both digital and analogue format and the open / closed state of the gripping anchors at either end of the jack. The operator can select any combination of jacks for simultaneous operation, and has a choice of extend / retract of the main cylinder(s), open / close of the top or bottom gripping anchors (not both at the same time) and bleed lowering for fine adjustment of the load for alignment of bolted and welded joints.
- Comprehensive log file of all jack loads, operator commands, messages and events is stored on the control computer for later analysis. The operator may comment to the log file at any time to explain what is happening.
- Remote start and stop of all power pack motors from the control computer
- Control Computer can be running Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 and communicates with the CAN nodes via a USB to CAN link.
- Many inbuilt safety features to prevent unsafe operation of the jacking system
- Tested and certified to European Electro Magnetic Conformance standards for reliable operation in all site conditions.
- Simulation mode for training and demonstration purposes, which can be set up by the user to run any combination of jacks and power packs.
DL-M10 control box
DL-M system being used to align bridge deck segments using a system of hydraulic rams